Monday, June 18, 2012

Yellow Carrot Salad

Please forgive me, it has been WAY TOO LONG! I have eaten good food between last fall and now, ha. We have actually been trying to eat a bit healthier and that has required lots of new recipes. More to come!

A few weeks ago we were at this local Austin...sort of vitamin store/restaurant/bakery (so Austin, lol) and we were having dinner. They have this amazing sweet side salad called Yellow Carrot Salad. I wanted to see if I could make it at home and I DID! It is so easy, so yummy, so perfect for summer! Here is what I came up with.


1 fresh pineapple cut up into little wedges (and every drop of juice you can get in the bowl)
4 grated carrots
1 cup of shredded coconut
3/4 cup of raisins

Put them in a bowl and stir!!! The end.
Now you should try it like this, but I bet a little bit of sugar or maple syrup would be delish on this too!








No comments:

Post a Comment