Sunday, October 9, 2011

Autumn Apple Salad

My sister sent me this blog that about cheap, healthy, good food. Well, I was looking for some kind of snack that I had everything already in my pantry...and this is what I stumbled upon. Now if you don't have these things, you can get them in the bulk section for SUPER cheap or use some other things you have in the house! It may not look like much, but it was really good. Also, I would like to plug my favorite yogurt that we used in this. It was Greek Gods vanilla honey greek yogurt. It taste like a custard. It is amazing. I recommend their other flavors too! I might bring this to the next thing I need to bring a dish to that is in the morning! Hope you love it as much as I did.


Autumn Apple Salad
Makes about 4.5 cups of salad, or 6 servings of ¾ cups each
Adapted from All Recipes.

4 tart green apples
1/4 cup toasted blanched slivered almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
1 (8 ounce) container light vanilla yogurt

1) In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed and apples are coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment