Monday, October 10, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip



This recipe is honestly ridiculously easy. I couldn't quite pin what I felt was "missing" from the recipe, but maybe you can figure it out by looking at the ingredients. My sister & husband absolutely loved it. Perhaps I just have a picky pallet lately. There is nothing healthy about this one, folks! It's a dish you just turn away and ignore the ingredients!


1/2 of a 10 ounce package of frozen, chopped spinach (drained)

14 oz can artichoke hearts (drained, coarsely chopped)

4 oz cream cheese

1/2 c sour cream

1/4 c mayonnaise

1 clove garlic, grated

1/2 teaspoon chile sauce (optional)

1/4 c parmigiano reggiano, grated

1/4 c mozzarella, grated


Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix everything and pour into a baking dish. Bake until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes.


My alterations... I forgot to add the chile sauce - Oops! As far as the mozzarella goes...my sister and I decided 1/4 cup was definitely not enough. I think we ended up adding almost a cup total and to be quite honest...next time I'd probably add more. Definitely could use a dash of salt, wish I would have added that. I baked mine for about 25-30 minutes. I stirred it about halfway to help it cook through - we were hungry! Then put the broiler on for the last 5 minutes to "help" it brown on top. It smelled too yummy...we were impatient. You could dip a zillion things in this cheesy goodness - we went for tortilla chips and a baguette because we had them at home. Carbalicious!

1 comment: